World War One Battlefields Tour
Please get in touch to discuss price for this tour.
(This tour can accommodate up to six passengers)
The 1918 Centenary Tour
11th-15th April 2018
Pick up for this tour can be from Dumfries or other agreed locations.
• Four night, five day trip with three full days of visits to various WW1 sites.
• Two full days around Ypres in Belgium and one full day near Albert on the Somme. We will pack a great deal into the three days, providing a value for money tour.
• Highlights will include; Lissjenthoek Cemetery, Talbot House, In Flanders Fields Museum, Essex Farm where John MacRae penned the famous poem “In Flanders Fields”, Angels of Pervyse Memorial, Vimy Ridge, Lochnagar Crater, Contalmaison Hearts FC Memorial Cairn, Ulster Tower, Newfoundland Park Trenches, Hell Fire Corner, Sanctuary Wood Museum and Trenches, Hooge Crater Museum & Cemetery, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Black Watch Corner and Vancouver Crossroads site of the first gas attack and Langemarck German Cemetery.
• Free time in the inspiring ancient town of Ypres with the Cloth Hall at the centre.
• We will attend the Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate one evening as a group however there will be other opportunities for you to attend as individuals during your free time.
• It may be possible to personalise the trip by researching family relatives who fought in the Great War and possibly visiting some important sites for you as a family.
Price £585 per person based on two people sharing (single supplements will apply)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org