World War One Battlefields Tour
(This tour can accommodate up to six passengers)
5th-9th July 2017
Pick up for this tour can be from Dumfries or other agreed locations.
• Four night, five day trip with three full days of visits to various WW1 sites.
• Two full days around Ypres in Belgium and one full day near Albert on the Somme. We will pack a great deal into the three days, providing a value for money tour.
• Highlights will include; Lissjenthoek Cemetery, Talbot House, In Flanders Fields Museum, Essex Farm where John MacRae penned the famous poem “In Flanders Fields”, Angels of Pervyse Memorial, Vimy Ridge, Lochnagar Crater, Contalmaison Hearts FC Memorial Cairn, Ulster Tower, Newfoundland Park Trenches, Hell Fire Corner, Sanctuary Wood Museum and Trenches, Hooge Crater Museum & Cemetery, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Black Watch Corner and Vancouver Crossroads site of the first gas attack and Langemarck German Cemetery.
• Free time in the inspiring ancient town of Ypres with the Cloth Hall at the centre.
• We will attend the Last Post ceremony one evening as a group however there will be other opportunities for you to attend as individuals during your free time.
• It may be possible to personalise the trip by researching family relatives who fought in the Great War and possibly visiting some important sites for you as a family.
Please contact us at email@example.com